More information about this job:
Reporting directly to the Vice President of PBO Business Strategy and Operations. The Compliance and Operations Specialist will play a key role on the Business Strategy and Operations team.
The Compliance and Operations Specialist (COS) will work independently to ensure their designated offices are in compliance with proscribed policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. COS will act as a liaison between the QA unit and the Preferred Banking Offices and management teams. Compliance and Operations Specialist (COS) works with multiple businesses units in a changing environment where the complexity of the job changes from day to day.
The position requires travel to existing footprints of the bank on a regular basis to ensure adherence to regulatory, compliance and policy requirements. The position also requires an ability to work alone and set an appropriate schedule to make certain all assigned Preferred Banking Offices are reviewed on a regular basis for specific tasks (not limited to but including, wire review, daily work) with an additional role of training and developing other team members such as FlightPath QC Associates.
This dynamic position goes beyond strictly operations review and includes performing periodic Assessments, monthly reviews of the entire Preferred Banking Office’s operations with an added emphasis on training and development of assigned offices and bankers.
The Compliance and Operations Specialist will consult with various business units across the enterprise (i.e. Legal/Compliance; BSA/AML; Risk, Fraud and Security; Internal Audit; Deposit Services; etc.) to ensure all offices within their assigned regions are prepared for internal or external regulatory examinations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works on multiple Quality Assurance / Quality Control tasks across the PBO’s with bankers. Proactively uses independent judgment to identify opportunities to improve the quality and usability of internal processes to enable our bankers to be in compliance with regulatory requirements and the bank’s Policies and Procedures of the Bank (e.g. Big Green Book and Eaglesnet).
- Has a strong working knowledge of Regulatory and Compliance requirements and Bank Policies and Procedures to participate in the creation, preparation, and conduct of Office Assessments along with leading professional development seminars as necessary to guide our bankers and all bank stakeholders.
- Cross-trains as FlightPath QC Associates for entry and audit of new accounts and account documentation including changes to signers on accounts to enforce and comply with the bank’s KYC process. Performs this function as needed. Mentors and trains the FlightPath QC Associates.
- Upon request, provides the Vice President with accurate QA status reports which identifies operational deficiencies of the PBO’s. Documents, presents findings, and relays evaluative feedback to the Vice President and leadership team.
- Works closely with the Vice President to ensure all operational issues are effectively communicated, including actively participating in ad-hoc projects and team meetings, while exhibiting ownership, follow-thru, initiative and independent judgment at all times.
- Responsible to work on projects, including, but notwithstanding, monitoring, consolidating, and archiving active and pending reports, and performing other duties & responsibilities as required by the VP of Business Strategy and Operations and their assignee.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Minimum 3-5 years of supervisory, retail branch operations and customer service experience. Strong communication skills, manage multiple projects under rapidly changing conditions, ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem solving and follow-up skills, computer skills with an emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Position is required to travel 80% of the time. Must have excellent organizational and oral presentation skills. A candidate is expected to be a self-starter with a high ability to quickly comprehend technical concepts, and willingness to take charge and seek out answers, use independent judgment, even when given minimal instruction and guidance.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.